Dyed pasta in all colours, shapes and sizes is perfect for lots of crafts – you can use it to thread, sort, count and stick.
When designing this month’s craft box I thought I would try dying some pasta to include with the mosaic craft. I was so impressed by how quick and easy it was. It was a beautiful day and the pasta was dry and ready to pack within an hour. Try it for yourself – I am sure you have all the ingredients in the kitchen!
You will need …
- Surgical spirits or white vinegar
- Food colouring
- Ziplock bags
- Foil or wax paper
How I went about it…
1. Place the pasta in a ziplock bag.
2. Add 1 teaspoon of surgical spirits or white vinegar. Close the bag and shake.
3. Open the ziplock bag and add a few drops of the food colouring. Add a little more if you would like to intensify the colour. Close the bag and shake.
4. Spread the coloured pasta on a tray covered with foil or wax paper.
5. Let it dry.
I made a number of different colours so that I could mix and match them for my mosaic craft box.
Now all packed together with the other crafts for the delivery! Budding Minds Craft Boxes